GLy-Kit is a library of 380 UDP-glucose-dependent glycosyltransferase enzymes (UGTs) that have a natural ability to add glucose to small molecules.
Our library includes a variety of enzymes derived from plants. Different enzymes will work with different functional groups on the substrate molecule. Some enzymes will add glucose. Others might add other sugars such as xylose, rhamnose, galalctose or glucuronic acid.
We can’t predict perfectly which enzymes will work with your molecule. But we can advise you on whether GLy-Kit is likely to work for you.
Once we have found the enzyme(s) that makes the change that you need, we can provide its UGT sequences as well as the associated expression systems.
In the box
The enzymes are provided in four 96-well microtiter plates. Each well contains enough purified enzyme for about ten reactions. We can provide additional copies of each plate if you need them.
For initial screening we recommend using a plate reader assay such as the Promega “UDP-Glo™ Glycosyltransferase Assay”. Confirmation of initial hits, quantification of activity and structure elucidation will need HPLC or LC-MS analysis. Detailed protocols are provided with the kit. Online and phone support is available.
We can provide the identity and sequence of any of the enzymes along with an E. coli expression plasmid containing the encoding gene. We also offer related discovery and scale-up services.
Enzymes included in the library come from sequence databases of diverse plant species, including:
- Musa acuminata – Banana (dwarf)
- Beta vulgaris – Beetroot
- Populus trichocarpa – California poplar
- Theobroma cacao – Cocoa
- Quercus suber – Cork oak
- Cucumis sativus – Cucumber
- Gardenia jasmonoides – Gardenia
- Vitis vinifera – Grape Vine
- Actinidia chinensis – Kiwi
- Ipomoea purpureus – Morning Glory
- Siraitia grosvenori – Monk Fruit
- Picea abies – Norway Spruce
- Citrus sinensis – Orange (Sweet)
- Dendrobium officinale – Orchid
- Carica papaya – Papaya
- Arachis duranensis – Peanut (wild)
- Petunia hybrida – Petunia
- Ananas commosus – Pineapple
- Citrus maxima – Pomelo
- Ziziphus jujube – Red date
- Oryza sativus – Rice
- Eucalyptus grandis – Rose gum
- Sesamum indicum – Sesame
- Rauwolfia serpentina – Snake root
- Stevia rebaudiana – Stevia
- Helianthus annuus – Sunflower
- Arabidopsis thaliana – Thale cress
- Nicotiana tabacum – Tobacco
- Solanum pennelli – Tomato (Wild)